Summary: This position is responsible for systems support for both Polleo Systems clients and internal projects within the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements and manages the company’s and client company’s VMWare environments.
- Provides support for the company’s and client company’s network infrastructure including but not limited to: firewalls, switches, routers, and other such appliances.
- Ensures the adequacy and soundness of the company and client company’s information technology infrastructure, takes and/or recommends appropriate steps to correct unsatisfactory conditions, makes recommendations as appropriate to limit liabilities.
- Initiates, maintains and develops policies and procedures for information technology systems at company and client’s company.
- Provides overall guidance as to technology and how it meets the overall needs of the operations of the business for client’s employees. Continually works on building the Polleo Systems relationship with the client and their employees.
- Works with the clients customers to integrate technology systems.
- Ensures that information technology systems and services drive and support business performance for both the client company and Polleo Systems. Identifies additional opportunities for Polleo Systems at client companies.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with external services and resources, as appropriate, for both the client company and Polleo Systems.
- Ensures the client company adheres to all laws and regulations that govern its information technology, that a safe and pleasant work environment is maintained, and that the client company stands as a good corporate citizen in the communities in which it does business.
- Balances current year objectives with future needs; helps sustain performance year after year of both the client’s company and Polleo Systems. This may include assisting with the creation of an internal cloud portal and/or assisting or leading in consultative sales to new clients, when applicable.
- Responsible for role-modeling and reinforcing Polleo Systems values on a consistent and constant basis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Company-related Competencies – To perform their jobs successfully, all employees of Polleo Systems should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of Polleo Systems above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; and supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; and meets commitments.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports Polleo System’s goals and values; benefits Polleo Systems through outside activities; and supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Job-related Competencies – To perform this job successfully, incumbents in this job should demonstrate the following competencies;
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility according to the requirements of Polleo Systems. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in information technology, business or related field is required; two to five years of experience in an enterprise network environment where utilizing Cisco, VMware, MS Server 2008, MS Exchange, and MS SQL, were essential to the operations of the business is required. Experience working in a consultative environment is preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, members of the business community, and employees. Ability to write and review contracts and prepare presentations that conforms to a prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or the executive management team of an organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certifications required include: Cisco Networking and/or Security certifications are required. VMware Certified Professional and Microsoft certifications are desired. A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
Other Skills and Abilities: Computer software skills required include: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe. Ability to operate a printer, copy machine, scanner and other office equipment is desired. Incumbent must have the ability to adapt and conform to shifting priorities and demands and execute accordingly. In addition, this position requires an understanding of project management practices and report writing, while paying close attention to detail is essential.
Other Qualifications: This position requires travel to meetings and client locations that may be held outside of the Polleo Systems offices. Incumbent must have both strong verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently will stand; walk; and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee occasionally will climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The normal office hours at Polleo Systems are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, employees in this position may be required to work additional hours to meet the demands of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally is exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, the risk of electrical shock and outdoor weather conditions when walking between buildings or leaving the office area for an outside meeting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
If you are interested, please contact our HR department at [email protected] with a resume attached.